- “Airbnb Cancels Bookings For Anyone Attending ‘Unite The Right’ Rally”
- Google fires engineer who wrote memo suggesting company’s diversity policies based on bad science and political bias; he files class action suit alleging discrimination against men, conservatives, and whites
- To each, according to their greed. From each, according to their stinginess. Panera’s ‘pay what you can’ café flops, closes shop.
- Google (Alphabet – GOOG) – “I consider Osama bin Laden as one of the people that I admire. To me, he is in the category of Malcolm X, Che Guevara, Patrice Lumumba, Fidel Castro, all leaders that I admire." In May 2016, Google honored the activist who said this, Yuri Kochiyama, with a Google Doodle. Kochiyama also "admired Mao; supported the black separatist movement; demanded the release of four Puerto Rican nationalists who opened fire in the House of Representatives in a terror attack; worked on behalf of cop killers Mumia Abu-Jamal and Assata Shakur," according to Heartland. Che was Castro’s Executioner, Mao killed tens of millions through famine, and Bin Laden slaughtered more than 3,000 on 9/11. Shame on Google for honoring Kochiyama. Why anyone thinks communism and terror are cute, and things you can play around with without consequence, is beyond me. (Background: Truth Revolt)
- Tim Cook and Apple (AAPL) – In 2014, when asked by a shareholder to stop putting money into unprofitable green energy projects, Apple CEO Tim Cook said Apple does “a lot of things for reasons besides profit motive…. We want to leave the world better than we found it.” What we have here is a CEO who is more interested in playing politics than in creating shareholder value. Apple has reached the end of new products that were in the pipeline at the time of Steve Jobs’ death. With the C-suite chasing unicorns and rainbows, it is highly doubtful Apple will be able to hang on to its dominance.
- Chipotle (CMG) makes the Hall of Shame for the communist drivel it put on its to-go bags in 2014 as part of its ‘Cultivating Thought’ author series. The offending quote in question comes from writer George Saunders: “Hope that, in future, all is well, everyone eats free, no one must work, all just sit around feeling love for one another.” How are free lunch and communist utopia going to work for Chipotle’s bottom line? The company better get a grip on the meaning of wealth creation and why it is still allowed to make a profit every day. It’s called economic freedom, which we still have in this country. If that upsets you, acquaint yourself with the moral basis of capitalism before you mindlessly parrot the anti-business line. Under communism, Chipotle (not to mention all YOUR private property) would be kaput
· UPDATE: Chipotle – Chipotle funds the Left. It gave $500,000 to the International Rescue Committee (IRC), a big refugee resettlement contractor, in 2014. These contractors are not your friends. They don’t care what happens to this country or a whit about sane immigration policy as long as they get their big government contracts to keep processing refugees. At this writing, IRC is embroiled in a corruption scandal. Refugee Resettlement Watch